Civil marriage in Denmark 2019
- WITHOUT birth certificate and WITHOUT non impediment certificate
- EXPRESS Dates WITHOUT duty overnight stay
- International marriage certificate in 5 languages, WORLDWIDE recognized
Marriage in Denmark - easy, fast and unbureaucratic
Especially for non-citizens of the EU staying in the EU it is often complicated to collect all the documents needed for a marriage in the home country. It takes time for the documents to be examined, so that some might already lose their validity. This could lead to additional costs.
To get married in Denmark, therefore, is an easy and uncomplicated alternative. It offers a less bureaucratic opportunity for a marriage. This is why marriage in Denmark is so popular, especially among couples of different nationalities. A marriage contracted in Denmark is legally recognized all over Europe and other countries.
From 1.1.2019 new laws regarding marriage came into force
The change affects both: required documents and the entire process.
Before 2019, documents were checked at the registry office where the wedding was to take place. The process has changed completely from 2019 onwards. The examination of the documents is now carried out exclusively by the Central Commission in Denmark. The Commission grants a marriage license if the examination of the documents has been positive. In the next step, an appointment for the marriage will be arranged with the selected registry office.
How is the process going
To give you an overview of the processes, here are the milestones of organizing your marriage in Denmark.
- Prepare your documents through our agency
- Create an invoice, get a payment
- Pay a fee to the state administration
- Get marriage license from the state administration in Denmark
- Reserve an appointment at the registry office
- Send appointment confirmation with information to the couple
How fast can you marry
There are 4 instances that prepare the marriage. Each instance takes time
- Our Agency
- Danish Public Administration
- Registry office
The mostly delay in preparation lies with customers and Danish state administration. We answer all emails daily and check your documents and forms within 1 working day .
When documents are prepared and the payment made, our organization work begins in Denmark. Danish Public Administration promises to spend the marriage license within 5-7 working days if all documents are in order. However, it is not always the case. It is not possible to influence the state administration to prioritize the documents of a couple.
Because we have a lot of experience with many registry offices, we can get you a date to marry in the shortest possible time if we have got the license from the state administration.
Ideally, the process runs like this
Required documents for marriage in Denmark
Each couple has their own situation and has different documents to prepare for marriage. Here you can find out which documents are required in your situation. You create a checklist and you can have the list sent to your email.
When do you have to pay?
The Danish Family Law Agency, which issues the Marriage Certificate, begins to check your documents only after the payment has arrived.
You do not have to pay to us until we have reviewed your documents and see no problem in applying for the marriage certificate. Before we apply for the certificate of marital status, we will ask you to settle the bill for our services and the fee charged by the Danish Family Law Agency.
For urgent cases, we will apply for the certificate of marriage immediately after your payment, before your money has been credited to our account. We kindly ask you to send the payment receipt, the bank transfer slip or the account statement via WhatsApp or Email.
Scan and save documents as a pdf file
If you do not have a scanner, you can scan your documents with your phone and save them as a pdf format.
Install on your mobile app and get familiar with it.
For mobile with Android we can ClearScan recommend.
Apply for marriage
Upload all required documents and let us check your documents.
We'll fill out all forms for you and send you to sign. We will guide you to our questionnaire.
Standard: 459,- € (*)
- advising by phone to plan your marriage in Denmark
- check and review of your documents
- fill all necessary forms and application for you
- prepare your documents to apply for certificate
- apply for non impediment certificate
- arrange, book and confirmation the date for your wedding in a registry office
- compile a manual with all necessary information and directions to the register office of your choice
Standard + transfer: 998,- € (*)
- Service package Standard +
- Priority prepare your documents
- Transfer from Hamburg to registry office and back
- 2 witnesses are inclusive
Luxury: 1399,- € (*)
- Package Standard +
- Priority prepare your documents
- hotel for one overnight with breakfast
- transfer from Hamburg (tran station/airport/hotel) and back
- companionship by one of our employees during the ceremony
- a trip by car to sights of town
- 2 Trauzeuge sind inklusive
(*) All register office in Denmark charge 220,- € for an appointment. Our price doesn't include the fee of the registry office.
You can book the following addition services:
1. Greater priority in the preparation of your documents for the applying at the Family Law Agency in Denmark, which issued the non impediment certificate. We respond to your emails, check and prepare your documents within 24 hours.
Price 80 €
2. For urgent appointment will be charged extra, when after we have got your non impediment certificate your desired appointment in registry office for marriage should be:
- in more than 30 days - 0 €
- within 30 days - 80 €
- within 20 days - 160 €
- within 10 days - 240 €.
Service packages with overnight stays in the high season (in July and August) are due to high room prices 70 € more expensive.
In all prices VAT is included 19%.