Civil marriage in Denmark 2020
- WITHOUT birth certificate and WITHOUT non impediment certificate
- EXPRESS Dates WITHOUT requiered overnight stay
- International marriage certificate issues in 5 languages - Danish, English, German, French and Spanish and WORLDWIDE recognized
Marriage in Denmark - easy, fast and unbureaucratic
Especially for non-citizens of the EU staying in the EU, it is often complicated to collect all the documents needed for a marriage in their home country. It takes time for the documents to be examined, so that some might already lose their validity. This could lead to additional costs.
To get married in Denmark, therefore, is an easy and simple alternative. It offers a less bureaucratic opportunity for a marriage. This is why marriage in Denmark is so popular, especially among couples of different nationalities. A marriage contracted in Denmark is legally recognized all over Europe and other countries.
From 1.1.2019 new laws regarding marriage came into force
From 1.1.2019 new laws regarding marriage came into force. The change affects both required documents and the entire process.
To avoid fictitious marriage, couples must now prove that they are in relationship with each other. This could be a proof that they live or have lived together, been on holiday together, have a common bank account, chats, phone calls, etc..
Read more about proof of relationship.
Before 2019, documents were checked at the registry office where the wedding was to take place. The process has changed completely from 2019. Examination of the documents is now carried out exclusively by the Family Law Agency in Denmark, which is located in Odense. The agency grants a marriage license if the examination of the documents is positive and there are no doubts that it is a fictitious marriage. In the next step, a date for the marriage is agreed with the selected registry office.
How does the process work
To give you an overview of the process, here are the milestones of organizing your marriage in Denmark.
- Prepare your documents through our agency
- Request an examination and a marriage license from the governmental Agency of Family Law in Denmark
- Agree upon an appointment for the marriage
- Reservation of an appointment at the registry office
- Send appointment confirmation with information to the couple
How fast can you marry
There are 4 instances that prepare the marriage. Each instance takes time
- Our Agency
- Danish Public Administration
- Registry office
The mostly delay in preparation lies with customers and Danish state administration. We answer all emails daily and check your documents and forms within 1 working day .
When documents are prepared and the payment made, our organization work begins in Denmark. Danish Public Administration promises to issue the marriage license within 5-7 working days if all documents are in order. However, it is not always the case. It is not possible to influence the state administration to prioritize the documents of a couple.
Because we have a lot of experience with many registry offices, we can get you a date to marry in the shortest time possible if we have the license from the state administration.
Ideally, the process works like this
Required documents for marriage in Denmark
Each couple has their own situation and has different documents to prepare for their marriage. Here you can find out which documents are required in your situation. Create a checklist and have the list sent to your email.
When do you have to pay?
The Danish Agency of Family Law, which issues the non impediment certificate, starts checking your documents only after the payment has arrived.
You do not have to pay to us until we have reviewed your documents and see no problem in applying for the marriage certificate. Before we apply for the non impediment certificate, we will ask you to settle the bill for our services and the fee charged by the Danish Agency of Family Law.
For urgent cases, we will apply for the non impediment certificate immediately after your payment, before your money has been credited to our account. We kindly ask you to send the payment receipt, the bank transfer slip or the account statement via WhatsApp or Email.
Scan and save documents as a pdf file
If you do not have a scanner, you can scan your documents with your phone and save them as a pdf format.
Install an app on your mobile and get familiar with it.
For mobile phone with Android we can recommend ClearScan.
Apply for marriage
Upload all required documents and let us check your documents.
We'll fill out all forms for you and send them back to you to sign.
Standard: 555 € (*)
Action! Only 459 € for payment until 11/30/2020
- advising by phone to plan your marriage in Denmark
- check and review your documents
- fill in all necessary forms and the application for you
- prepare your documents to apply for the certificate
- apply for the non impediment certificate
- arrange, book and confirm the date for your wedding in a registry office
- compile a manual with all necessary information and directions to the registry office of your choice
Standard + transfer: 1129 € (*)
- Service package Standard +
- Transfer from Hamburg to registry office and back
- 2 witnesses are included
Luxury: 1699,- € (*)
- Package Standard +
- hotel for one overnight stay with breakfast
- transfer from Hamburg (train station/airport/hotel) and back
- companionship by one of our employees during the ceremony
- a sightseeing tour of the town by car
- 2 witnesses are included
(*) All registry offices in Denmark charge 220,- € for an appointment. Our prices do not include the fee of the registry office.
You can book the following additional services:
1. Higher priority in the preparation of your documents for the application at the Agency of Family Law in Denmark, which issues the non impediment certificate. We respond to your emails, check and prepare your documents within 24 hours while our worktime.
Price 80 €
2. Urgent appointments will be charged extra. After we get your non impediment certificate we ask you immediately about your desired marriage date. We get charge for urgent appointment if we need to make an appointment:
- in more than 30 days - 0 €
- within 30 days - 80 €
- within 20 days - 160 €
- within 10 days - 240 €.
3. Change a registry office
Price 80 €
Service packages with overnight stays in the high season (in July and August) are more expensive due to high room prices - additional 70 €.
VAT is included in all prices.
You can see our additional services here.